Monday, January 19, 2009

crap....(oh shh....not supposed to say that word)

I'm so sick crap.
GO AWAY CRAP.
crap. crap. crap. crap.
please do not ground me for this post.

I am SICK of people being so full of bull that they cannot clearly see everyone around them.
People, using their friends as a means to make themselves seem better. More like-able. The world has enough wicked people in it, those of us who share a christian faith should band together not drive a wedge between us by fake cheesy smiles or insincere kind words. We should truly love one another. I was thinking about love this morning, when i woke up. Love. Real. True. Unswerving, Love. Why do we not love more? Doesn't it sicken you how God asks so little of us, and we ask so much of Him. We do so little for Him, yet, he does everything for us. He loves us so much. And how many times do we turn our backs on Him? I would that we could all love him more.
Last night while visiting some very close friends' church, The pastor was reading Psalms 71, and it really struck me. Such beauty in that chapter. Such a need for God. " Be thou my strong habitation..." "O God, be not far from me..." If we only felt that way at all times. Funny, we don't want God near when we know we're doing wrong. Yet we always want him when we need his help. "O God, be not far from me..." At all times.
Because I have oodles of experience in marriage, i was thinking, when a husband leaves a wife for a while, doesn't she yearn for him? And is there not a more sad sight than to see a couple in which one spouse so attentively aids her ...(did i say "her" this is supposed to be generic :D ) husband , (tehe) and he basically ignores her. He doesn't seem to miss her, he doesn't seem to care.
hmm....so it sickens me all the more, when we ignore our husband. "Be not far from me"
Shouldn't we have a burning desire for him to be close to us?
hahahaha...i crack myself up....we should have a burnin' yearnin' HAHA. laugh. you know you want to.
So...back to the whole "lovin' one another" thing... Another thing i've been thinking about alot lately, in Matthew it tells us to go to our brother when he offends us. But go to him, and him alone. We hardly EVER go to our friend when they offend us! why??? The bible tells us to! And if we do, we've almost ALWAYS gone and talked to someone about it first. "oh girl, did you SEE her!" "Did you hear wha she ha said to me??? "Instead, we have a "better" alternative. Gossip. We gossip continually! Even in our hearts. We tell ourselves terrible things about our friends in hopes that our pathetic selves will seem better. ugh. We are all so full of CRAP.

So God, please be near us always, help us to love each other truly, even just a breath, of that with which you love us, and help us to not be full of crap.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

I agree. I'm sensing quite a load of...built-up-blow-up-ness in this post.
VERY insightful.
I like your passion!

Chelsea said...

I agree with both.
and yes, VERY insightful, and VERY good post.

Life is better in the South said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Table of Stone said...

Amen!! Preach it sister, preach it.
(I'll refrain from busting out into Go Tell it On the Mountain right now)

Mary-John said...

I would LOVE to see you do that.
hey...maybe that would be a good song choice for the wedding! ;)
yeah...