Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Haste Makes.... Waves?


I put a pot of water on the stove to boil for pasta,
then reached for my crock of sea salt.

It was empty.

I found a new package of sea salt in the cabinet, left the crock open to refill,
and turned to grab a knife and open the package.

I quickly sliced open the package, turned back to the stove, and in my usual
trying-to-do-too-many-things-at-once-suppertime-haste,

I poured the entire package of salt into the pot of boiling water!

As I turned to pour the salty water into the sink, Brett and Morgan walked in.
Apprising the situation and trying to offer support, Brett said,

"Now you've got sea-water!"

To which Morgan quipped,

"Go ahead and make some waves!"

6 comments:

Whitney said...

Ohhhhh. Yeah.

I think a little ocean in your pot would've been fun!

Just add sand and you've got a beach!

Pritchett said...

Yes!... and an umbrella,some cool shades, a good book and a cold drink... Margarita-ville here we come!

maggie said...

OH MY GOSH

Chelsea said...

I miss y'all :)

Mary-John said...

cool shades?

Amy said...

And an umbrella with gay colors. Gay as in what it use to mean. Or... gay as in rainbow. Whatever.

And Morgan! Way to go with the quick wit!