Friday, November 20, 2009

My Dearest Friends

I am passionately thankful for my friends.

Young and old.
Relatives and pretend relatives.
I'm thankful for friends that tell you how something you did changed their day, or made them feel warm and happy inside. I'm thankful for friends that make you feel all warm and happy inside. I'm thankful for friends that make you cry.
but cry with you.

I'm SO thankful,
for these PEOPLE.

aah!! Thank you, Lord.

It makes the struggles of this life infinitely easier.
It's why we drive miles and miles to church meetings and singing schools as often as we can, even though gas is expensive and there's tons of stuff we should be doing at home.
All so we can worship, and grow, and learn to praise God in song with kindred spirits:
This crazy group of kids trying to be an example of the believers.*

So we can hold one another up.

So we can be together.

For all of you that I've been a terrible friend to, and completely neglected over the past months or even years, I'm sorry.

I love you All, and thank YOU for your love and friendship.

Thank you girls, for being sincere, loving, and comforting. Thank you for being beautiful, elegant, and modest. Intelligent and wise. Crazy and fun. Helpful and kind, always. Thank you for being understanding, forgiving, and loyal.

Thank you gentlemen, for always being gentlemen even when the world tells you it's archaic, wimpy, and cliche. Thank you for being respectful, humble, and Godly. Thanks for being bold and courageous. Thanks for being hilarious ALL the time. Thank you for all being crazy handsome and fun. ;)


"You may value the friendships of youth and of age,
And select for my comrades the noble and sage;
But the friends that most cheer me on life's rugged road
Are the friends of my Master-the children of God."
-House of the Lord, vs. 3


Because I haven't said it enough,
I'm thankful for you.





* "...In word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

That song is perfect.
and i love love love you and this post, and am thankful i have friends who say these things :)

ViS!T0R said...

I like pancakes!!

You are very good at these posty thingys.

Aaand I am not going to say I love you because it would just look funny.. and every one would see it. (Hi Mrs. Joy--I--I mean Blevins!! Mrs. Blevins that is.)

Thumper said...

well since Wesly won't say it...
I love you Mary-John Blevins...
even when you straighten your hair ;)

Rachel said...

(((Hug)))
I am thankful for you and your encourageing posts!